This site started as a blog for hobbyist adventures in real-time rendering
, the demo scene
and game engine programming
, which is still archived here
Since then, my interests shifted towards Monte Carlo Rendering
, so new content will likely focus on that. ☺
- 22 June 2022:
- Paper on Planetary Shadow-Aware Distance Sampling accepted to EGSR 2022.
- 4 August 2021:
- Book chapter on Light Sampling in Quake 2 Using Subset Importance Sampling published in Ray Tracing Gems 2, giving a retrospect of implementing lighting in Q2VKPT and some additional insights.
- 1 July 2021:
- I joined the Advanced Rendering Technology team at Intel Graphics Research.
- 30 September 2020:
- Paper Path Differential-Informed Stratified MCMC and Adaptive Forward Path Sampling, accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2020. Source code to follow in the coming days.
- 8 July 2019:
- mitsuba IM, an interactive fork of Wenzel Jakob's mitsuba renderer.
- 4 July 2019:
- Source code for the paper Distortion-free Displacement Mapping.
- 18 January 2019:
- Q2VKPT, Quake II extended with real-time path tracing by Christoph Schied. (I contributed some code and press materials.)
- 30 November 2019:
- Source code for the paper Reweighting Firefly Samples for Improved Monte Carlo Estimates.
Contributions to Open-Source Projects